Thursday, July 4, 2013

First flight - 20 minutes flight

12th March 2013, it was the day when I first booked a plane ticket bound for Camiguin on 28th June 2013 - 1st July 2013. I feel excited as this is my first ride on a plane. As the days passed by, I feel more excited.

I hardly able to sleep the night before our flight; I was afraid that I might not woke up early and missed my first ever flight. I forgot to set my phone alarm. I was lucky because I managed to wake up early, but I only have 3 hours sleep. :( I prepare myself and my things to bring.


I arrived at the airport 2 hours before departure. Our check-in counter was not yet open for our flight. So, I went to a cafe to take my breakfast and waited to arrive in the airport my colleagues.

We checked-in and waited for boarding in our assigned waiting lounge. Luckily, we didn't wait too long, we boarded the plane. I am expected that the plane would be an Airbus or Boeing, but it was an ATR-72 a twin-engine turboprop, it is an 80 seat passenger aircraft.

I feel more excite when we're approaching the runway for take-off. After that I just feel that the aircraft is speeding up and the aircraft is shaking as it runs on the runway and the aircraft lift-off the runway.

When we're cruising towards Camiguin, I thought that since we are floating in the sky, we will have a smooth and calm flight but it was the other way around. I feel like I ride in a bus with road lots of holes and a slippery road when the vehicle slips down. This continues in this short flight bound to Camiguin. We experience turbulence as we go through dark clouds.

The pilot announces that we’re in our final approach to Camiguin Airport and that we will land in 7 minutes. After a while we are descending towards the runaway and after a few seconds we landed safely in Camiguin Airport.


That was my experience in my First flight. It was a 20 minutes flight. I regret that I forgot to take pictures during the flight.